At Wall to Wall Communications we are proud to have been working with two way radios for over 40 years. With this long-term experience we have become experts in radios, radio repair, radio hire and knowing which radio is best for you and your business. Whether you are a small business looking for temporary radio hire, or a large multi-site operation looking for permanent radio hire and maintenance, Wall to Wall Communications can meet your needs. The industries we are proud to have provided two way radio to the following types of clients; construction, events, security, education, hospitality and leisure, auction houses, transportation logistics, retailers, film production, banks and hospitals.
Case Study: Lewisham Shopping Centre
One shopping centre in particular that Wall to Wall Communications has provided a radio solution for is the Lewisham Shopping Centre in South London. Providing the Clean Event Group staff with reliable and functional radios was of the utmost importance to ensure that the team could provide a safe and secure environment for shoppers at the Lewisham Shopping Centre.
The requirements for Wall to Wall Communications was to upgrade the Lewisham Shopping Centre analogue radios to two way digital radios, as well as provide radios with location tracking whilst on site.
To do this, we upgraded their two way radios to the digital Hytera PD705 and the Hytera PD785 radios. In addition to this, Wall to Wall Communications provided a Hytera RD985 repeater to make sure that radio communications were reliable and clear throughout the large shopping centre as well as indoor tracking beacons to enable the location finding function.
Benefits of two way radios in shopping centres
With a large number of visitors and staff entering and leaving a place like Lewisham Shopping Centre every day and over a large multi-story infrastructure, it can become difficult for staff to stay fully connected and informed.
If your business requires a similar solution to Lewisham Shopping Centre, or has its own set of challenges, two way radio hire with Wall to Wall iCommunications is the solution you have been looking for. The benefits of two way radio hire include:
- Communication across multiple stories- With shopping centres typically spanning multiple stories, mobile signals can become blocked by obstacles which can interfere with communication. Solutions for this include the installation of antennas and repeaters to strengthen the signal and allow it to travel further.
- GPS tracking- With indoor tracking beacons it can be possible to see the real time location of all radio users as well as the paths they have taken throughout their shift. This is done through the use of patrol check-points and RFID tracking. This data can then be stored and used at a later date.
- Task management- With uninterrupted communication, delegating tasks is seamless and reliable with the addition of a manager override function.
- Improved voice clarity– Shopping Centres can be loud and cause radioing to become muffled and unclear. At Wall to Wall we provide radios with noise cancelling abilities to eliminate this issue.
- Digital radios– Like Lewisham Shopping Centre, upgrading to digital radios can come with many advantages. Mainly, digital radios can adapt and be upgraded to have more capabilities and more channels as needed.
Radio signal vs mobile signal– Relying on mobile signals in crowded locations can become unreliable with many people using their mobile phones. Radio signals do not have this issue, so even during busy periods communication remains uninterrupted.