Parents want to know they are sending their students to a safe and secure learning environment. Two-way radios (walkie-talkies) are invaluable resources for educational institutions in order to enhance communication and thus improve health and safety and security.
According to Motorola Solutions’ 2013 Nationwide Education Study, two-way radios (walkie-talkies) are relied upon by:
- 70 percent of principals
- 65 percent of maintenance staff
- 64 percent of bus drivers
- 58 percent of security staff
- 22 percent of teachers
- 17 percent of coaches
Why would schools/colleges/universities require two-way radios?
- Health & safety, e.g. of students, staff, and visitors
- Access control, e.g. visitors and deliveries
- On-site security, e.g. of students, staff, visitors, assets, and buildings
- On-site paging, e.g. staff call
- Asset management, e.g. equipment and buildings and
- Emergency communications, e.g. fire evacuation marshalling
Typical school / college / university requirements with two-way radios
School/college/university staff may require specialised features for their two-way radios and any other additional equipment:
- Inter-site communications, e.g. between similar users in adjacent sites
- Security issue notifications, e.g. ad-hoc demonstration alerts and
- Wide-area paging, e.g. staff call
- Automatic notifications, e.g. fire alarm and intruder alarm activations
- Have noise cancelling abilities e.g. in loud environments such as when the fire alarm goes off
- Have caller ID and panic/emergency call functions
- GPS Tracking e.g. for use on school trips
Wall to Wall Radio Communications can help you to design the optimum two-way radio (walkie-talkie) system for your premises; and then supply, install, commission and maintain it.
We also offer a radio hire service to customers who require a short-term radio system or perhaps additional two-way radio (walkie-talkie) equipment on a temporary basis.
If you wish to discuss your two-way radio (walkie-talkie) communication requirements further and to see what we can do for you, then please give us a call on 020 8770 1007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wall to wall communications
21 Lewis Road
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: Closed