future proof radio solutions
Two-way radios are an invaluable resource for construction. In construction, it is required that workers meet high standards of health and safety. Workers are sometimes faced with handling and carrying around materials or operating machinery. Workers are also required to communicate with each other at all times on a construction sites, where needed. So therefore, two-way radios or walkie-talkies are essential for the safety and efficient communication of workers on construction sites.
Why would construction sites require two-way radios?
- Access control
- Security control
- Control of heavy machinery such as cranes or bulldozers.
- Emergency communications, e. g. fire evacuation marshalling
- Health and Safety
- Efficient communication. On some construction sites, there may be areas on site that may not pick up mobile phone coverage, e.g. in lifts or basements. Two-way radios have a much greater coverage and have the ability to work in places where mobile phones do not – through the use of leaky feeders or repeaters.
- Live communication- to be able to communicate individuals or groups.
Typical Construction Sites Requirements with Two-Way Radios
Construction sites may require specialised features for their two-way radios and any other additional equipment
- For handheld two-way radios workers on construction sites may require:
- Panic / Emergency Call functions
- Location tracking
- Lone Worker
- Man Down functions
- Telephone interconnect – for multi-site calling
Find out how to keep your construction site safe with our downloadable guide here.
Wall to Wall Radio Communications can help you to design the optimum two-way radio (walkie-talkie) system for your premises; and then supply, install, commission and maintain it.
We also offer a radio hire service to customers who require a short-term radio system or perhaps additional two-way radio (walkie-talkie) equipment on a temporary basis.
If you wish to discuss your two-way radio (walkie-talkie) communication requirements further and to see what we can do for you, then please give us a call on 020 8770 1007 or e-mail email@example.com.
Wall to wall communications
21 Lewis Road
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: Closed