As September approaches many schools will be returning to the new version of normality to commence the 2020/2021 school year. However, with the recent pandemic in mind, schools will not simply be able to operate as they did before. There will be multiple changes to the day to day running of schools to ensure staff and pupils remain Covid safe in an active school environment.
Two way radios and social distancing in schools
To prevent the further spread of the virus, one of the vital measures that should be put in place is social distancing. This is where two way radios come in. The use of two way radios is supported by the Government as a viable solution to social distancing. For example, if each teacher were equipped with a two way radio, they will be able to seamlessly communicate without having to move through communal areas or visit other classrooms. This will allow teachers and pupils to stay within their ‘bubble’, thus minimising the opportunity for the virus to spread to other pupils, teachers and staff.
Find out how two way radios can be used to aid with social distancing within families, the community and business in our blog ‘Radios For Social Distancing’ here.
Advantages of using two way radios:
- Minimise face-to-face communication
- Communicate in densely populated areas without the unreliability of mobile signals
- Emergency communication
- On-site security and management of students, visitors, staff, assets and buildings
- Health and safety of staff, students and visitors
- Coordination of activities and management of events and excursions
- Incident reporting
Covid Safe Radios
As with all areas and surfaces that are frequently touched, two way radios should be regularly disinfected and cleaned to minimise the risk for cross contamination and the spread of the virus.
- If it is possible, assign a personal radio to each individual that won’t be used by anyone else to minimise the risk of cross contamination.
- Where possible, use single charging stations to keep personal radios separate. Alternatively, if you are using a multi-charging port, assign each radio to an individual port.
- A vital step in minimising the spread of Coronavirus in schools is to always disinfect radios and their charging stations regularly! To do this:
- Turn off the radio, remove from the charging station and unplug the charger
- Remove the battery
- Using at least 70% concentration of rubbing alcohol, wipe down the radios, screen, case, buttons, control knobs, antenna and charging station
- Once the alcohol has air dried, replace the battery and wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds
For more detailed information on how to keep your two way radios Covid safe, read our blog ‘How to Effectively Clean and Disinfect Your Radio’ here.
Two way radios for sale and for hire
With health and safety at schools a top priority, here at Wall to Wall Communications we have a wide range of two way radios for sale and hire to suit all needs and price points. From Digital Radios, to Analogue and POC radios all needs and specifications can be met. For more information on the benefits of each radio you can read our blog post ‘Which Radio is Best For You?’. Alternatively you can contact our team of experts using the form below to discuss your needs and budget.
Wall to wall offer
To help your schools stay Covid safe, here at Wall to Wall Communications we are offering a service that will keep your radios functioning at maximum efficiency, so you can focus on the important task at hand. With the start of the school year approaching, our team of experts will collect and carry out inspections of your school’s radios free of charge. With over 40 years of experience, our team will ensure your radios are in working order and offer a free report on functionality with recommended repairs and updates.