Body cameras, also known as ‘body-worn cameras’ are video recording devices worn on the body. Body-worn cameras record with video and audio, they encounter interactions in a clear and reliable way.
Body cameras have the ability to be seen or act as discreet surveillance, commonly used by blue light workers and emergency services. This type of recording camera provides employees with a sense of security at work, for those who may be at risk of false accusations or any risk of a physical or verbal altercation.
Wall to Wall Communications supplies a range of body cameras to a number of businesses. With the ability to provide discreet surveillance, body cameras can keep businesses running correctly and smoothly by acting as discreet, body-worn CCTV cameras. With the rise in popularity of body cameras, not just in the public sector but for private business as well, we are able to provide you with the best quality devices and expert advice on how to implement them into your business.
To learn more about who can use body-worn cameras, read our recent article here.
Using and Operating Secret Cameras
Under UK law and certain conditions, you are generally permitted to use spy cameras. Elements of the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act govern where you can conduct recording, but in general, their use is legal. Follow the following instances when setting up secret surveillance …
- You cannot fit spy cameras to a business or residential property that you do not own have legal occupancy.
- It is illegal to use spy cameras in areas with an expectation of privacy. This includes toilets or locker rooms.
- You can set up a camera in your own home or business.
- You can set up and operate a recording system to the outside of your property, provided it does not breach anyone else’s right to privacy.
- Be sure to take reasonable steps to safeguard laws and protect any footage gathered via a recording system. Failure to do this could be a breach of the Data Protection Act.
- You must not share footage from CCTV without permission from those captured unless as part of a legal criminal investigation.
Wall to Wall is happy to help with any questions or queries you may have on using cameras of any kind. Browse our selection of body cameras here to find the perfect one for your needs.